Philip Gamble is our UK Nationality expert - read more
An email containing your login details will be sent to you to confirm your visa and passport solutions.
Confirm your Visa Options
Ask our Immigration experts what visa options for you can qualify for (sign up now to read more) for only £29.99.
The requirements of a Medical Visa
• You must have passport or travel document valid for at least three months after visa expiry date
• You must have return-trip booking or ticket or proof of available means of personal transport
• You must have medical/health documentation comprised of:
- medical documentation issued by the country of residence attesting to applicant’s illness
- declaration by a public or private Italian health care facility (this letter must be accredited by the national health service) indicating type of treatment, date initiated, estimated duration and costs
- document from the Italian healthcare facility confirming the deposit of at least 30% of the estimated costs of the treatment requested or, alternatively, a specific administrative act passed by an Italian Region or specific authorization issued by the Ministry of Health within the framework of humanitarian programmes.
• You must have documentation proving the availability in Italy of resources sufficient for payment of remaining healthcare expenses, food and lodging outside the healthcare facility, and repatriation of the patient and eventual companion;
• Your eventual companion must have minimum health insurance coverage of €30,000 to cover repatriation and medical treatment and/or emergency hospitalization expenses;
• You must pay the medical treatment visa application fees.