Philip Gamble is our UK Nationality expert - read more
Work & Skills Visas
A Work Visa (often referred to as a Work permit) is a generic term for a legal authorization which allows a person to take employment. It is most often used in reference to instances where a person is given permission to work in a country where one does not hold citizenship, but is also used in reference to minors, who in some jurisdictions require a permit in order to legally work due to Child Labour laws.
In most cases, the Work Permit is based on having a valid Job Offer by an existing Employer. However, several countries (including the UK) offer a Work Visa that does not rely on a job offer, or is based on a Job Transfer from one country to another.
Work & Skills solutions available for United States of America:
- E-1 Treaty Traders
- Employment-Based Immigration EB-1
- Employment-Based Immigration EB-2
- Employment-Based Immigration EB-3
- Employment-Based Immigration EB-4
- H-1B Professional Visa
- J-1 Practical Training Programs
- L-1B: Specialized Knowledge
- L1 Company Transfer Visa
- O Entertainer & Athlete Visas
- TN NAFTA Visas