Passive Residence

The status of residents who do not carry out professional or gainful activities is known as "passive residence".

Requests to be granted this residence status must be made directly in person to the immigration Office of the Principality of Andorra.

You must be over 18 years old.
You must prove that you do not have a criminal record.
You must reside physically in Andorra for at least 183 days a year.
You must deposit a security of 24,100 euros plus
6,0241 euros for each dependent. This security must be deposited with the INAF (National Financial Institute) and will be refunded at the time of departure.
You must undergo a medical examination in the month following your request for passive residence.
You must prove that you have sufficient means to provide for your needs.
You must submit evidence of social insurance covering illness, disability and old age. See below.

These are the documents you need to register :

Certificate of good character
Passport and certified copy from the Civil Registry Office
Photocopy of a document proving that you have deposited the security of 24,100 euros with the INAF (National Financial Institute) + 6,025 euros for each dependant.
Originals of the ownership deed of the rental agreement of a property.
Documents proving that you have disability, health and retirement insurance. For those insured with French social security - general or agricultural system.
Medical certificate from a physician in the Principality of Andorra
Evidence as shown by securities or bank statements of an income of 300% in excess of the Andorran minimum wage, which stands at 630 euros + a supplement of 100% for each dependent.
Signed document in which you commit yourself to reside at least 183 days a year in Andorra.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.