State-Sponsored Investor Visa

The State-Sponsored Investor Visa is for people who can demonstrate a successful business career and have a genuine and realistic commitment to invest in a new or existing business in Australia.

As a holder of a State-Sponsored Investor Visa for at least 2 years, you may be eligible to apply for a permanent Business Skills visa if you have met the obligations of your provisional visa.


The State-Sponsored Investor Visa is for applicants who are over 45 years of age and can demonstrate a successful record of investment or business activity in a qualifying business or investment. Applicants must demonstrate at least vocation level English skills.

In addition to providing evidence of successful investment or business activity, applicants must demonstrate that they have sufficient business and personal assets to settle in Australia. Most notably, prior to an Investor Visa being granted, applicants must make a designated investment in Australia of around AUD$1,500,000 for four years. This is a lower financial threshold than the Investor Visa.


The State-Sponsored Investor Visa is a temporary visa that entitles you to invest in an Australian business and your family to live and work or study in Australia for up to four years. It enables you to travel in and out of Australia freely during that period.

Upon satisfying certain requirements, you may qualify for permanent residence under one of the Business Skills (Residence) visa categories. This second stage may require sponsorship from a participating State or Territory government.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.