Employment Permit (Beschäftigungsbewilligung)

Foreign nationals to take up legal gainful employment at a clearly defined workplace in Austria for first-time

Employment Permits are only granted to integrated foreigners already in possession of a certificate of residence
Employment Permits are issued for a specific job and employer at a specific location and must be applied for by the potential employer. If there is a change in job or even a change in site while working for the same company, the foreign employee will need to apply for a new Employment Permit.

Employment Permits are valid for a maximum period of 1 year. Foreign nationals can then apply for another Employment Permit or a Work Permit.