Research & Specialist Visa

Researchers or other high-level specialists employed by Brazilian research institutions may also be granted a permanent visa. Those who are professors, scientists, high level researchers who intend to work in public or private entities related to high studies, scientific and technological research. This visa is issued for those who intend to stay longer than 2 years. If you are not staying in Brazil for more than 2 years, you may qualify for a Temporary Work Permit. Your Company must apply for your visa directly with the Ministry of Labor in Brazil. As soon as the consulate receives the formal letter from Brazil, you will have to come in person to get your visa;

Applicants for permanent residence visas will be required to submit their passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate (if applicable) and a police certificate of no criminal record, issued within the last 90 days.