European Union - flag European Union - Family & Partner - EEA Family Residency

Residency in the European Union based on a child, a grandchild or a Sibling with EU nationality is possible because of recent European Court judgements. These override local Immigration Law, given the jurisdiction of the EU.

This particular case arises under the following conditions:

1. One of the following family members has EU Nationality:

- A child; OR
- A grandchild; OR
- A sibling (brother or sister); OR
- A niece or nephew

2. The family member is at least 18 years old

3. The family member is intending to settle in the EU country and become a "qualified person"

4. The family member must demonstrate that they offer financial support (financial support does not suggest financial dependency) to the applicant.

This is a particularly complex solution (particularly around the question of financial support) and we recommend engaging an Immigration partner to handle this case on your behalf.


Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth. is a subsidiary of Sable International.

Sable International offers a range of services relating to UK and Australian immigration. For over 20 years, we have been helping people with their UK and Australian visa applications. We assist with applications for Ancestry visas, spouse visas, work visas, Tier 1 visas, UK working holiday visas, UK dependant visas, Tier 4 visas, UK Visitor visas, sponsorship visas or UK permanent residency or indefinite leave to remain. We also specialise in UK visa extensions. If you’ve overstayed your visa, our Overstayer Status Trace service can assist to regularise your visa status.