European Union - Family & Partner - EEA Family Residency
Residency in the European Union based on a child, a grandchild or a Sibling with EU nationality is possible because of recent European Court judgements. These override local Immigration Law, given the jurisdiction of the EU.
This particular case arises under the following conditions:
1. One of the following family members has EU Nationality:
- A child; OR
- A grandchild; OR
- A sibling (brother or sister); OR
- A niece or nephew
2. The family member is at least 18 years old
3. The family member is intending to settle in the EU country and become a "qualified person"
4. The family member must demonstrate that they offer financial support (financial support does not suggest financial dependency) to the applicant.
This is a particularly complex solution (particularly around the question of financial support) and we recommend engaging an Immigration partner to handle this case on your behalf.