Work Permit (Self-Employed)

The residence permit for a self-employed person is based on deliberation by the Employment and Economic Development Centre (TE Centre) about whether the business activity is feasible. The TE Centre will also decide whether the activity is temporary or continuous.

When applying for a residence permit for a self-employed person, the following must be submitted:

detailed description of the business idea and the company form, together with a business plan
estimate on the turnover (calculations for the next three years)
account of the business premises (lease agreement or equivalent to be attached)
certificate of the funds available for the company’s operations
certificate of professional qualifications for acting as an entrepreneur or a self-employed person
account of the applicant’s means of support
account of the employment effect of the business (number of personnel probably needed)
extract from the trade register concerning the company
copy of the passport
photograph (passport photo guidelines)

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.