Capital Investment Entrant Scheme

The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) has launched the 'Capital Investment Entrant Scheme' on 27th October, 2003. Eligible entrants should invest not less than HK$10 million in permissible investment asset classes (which excludes property), for taking up residence in the HKSAR.

Basic requirement for the applicants is that they must be aged 18 or above. This scheme is applicable to foreign nationals (except nationals of Afghanistan, Albania, Cuba and Democratic People's Republic of Korea); Macao Special Administrative Region residents; Mainland Chinese nationals who have obtained another nationality; Taiwan residents; stateless persons who have obtained permanent resident status in a foreign country.

Further requirements include:

A. With not less than HK$10 million net assets throughout the 2 years preceding the application.
B. The applicant has invested within 6 months before submission of the application to the Immigration Department, or will invest within 6 months after the granting of approval in principle by the Immigration Department, not less than HK$10 million in permissible investment asset classes (except Certificates of Deposit that must be invested within the latter period).
C. The applicant is able to support his / her own living as well as his / her dependants' living without relying on that HK$10 million investment, employment or public assistant in Hong Kong.
D. No adverse record both in Hong Kong and country / region of residence.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.