Switzerland - flag Switzerland - Family & Partner - Family Reunification – Third Country National

Third-country nationals with a permanent residence permit are entitled to have their children and spouse join them. Persons with an annual residence permit have no entitlement. The cantonal immigration authorities can, however, authorise family reunification if third-country nationals with an annual residence permit can provide evidence of suitable accommodation, adequate income and stability (i.e. evidence that the person's stay in Switzerland has not led to any complaints). Spouses and children of Swiss nationals and persons holding a permanent residence permit or a residence permit may be self-employed or gainfully employed throughout Switzerland. The FOM provides information on family reunification, and the cantonal immigration authorities provide information on permit procedures.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality:

WhatPassport.com is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.

WhatPassport.com is a subsidiary of Sable International.

Sable International offers a range of services relating to UK and Australian immigration. For over 20 years, we have been helping people with their UK and Australian visa applications. We assist with applications for Ancestry visas, spouse visas, work visas, Tier 1 visas, UK working holiday visas, UK dependant visas, Tier 4 visas, UK Visitor visas, sponsorship visas or UK permanent residency or indefinite leave to remain. We also specialise in UK visa extensions. If you’ve overstayed your visa, our Overstayer Status Trace service can assist to regularise your visa status.