United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship (CUKC Father pre 1949 by Descent)
A person has a potential claim to British nationality where their mother was married before 1949 a man who was classified as a Citizen of the UK & Colonies. It arises where:
- the applicant was born between 1 January 1949 and 31 December 1982;
- the applicant's mother married a man (the applicant's father) before 1 January 1949;
- the applicant's father (or their paternal grandfather) was born in a former British Colony;
- the applicant's mother has the Right of Abode; AND
- the applicant has the Right of Abode.
The Right of Abode normally arises with a UK-born grandparent.