United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (48-5(1)a Triple Descent)
This British nationality solution relies on a UK-born great grandfather. Solutions rarely pass even two generations, so this is one of only a handful of such potential registrations that occur by Triple Descent, where nationality can be passed down three generations. It arises in this rare set of circumstances:
- Candidate born after the independence of a parent's country of birth;
- A parent born in a British Protectorate, Protected State, UK Mandated State or Trust Territory;
- The parent's father born outside of the UK;
- The parent's paternal grandfather born in the UK; AND
- The candidate having the Right of Abode through a UK-born grandparent.
The candidate can register as a British citizen.