United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (Registration-48b2)
This is a rare occurrence, requiring the Candidate's birth to have been REGISTERED at the UK High Commission at the time of the candidate's birth. In addition, it requires that:
- the candidate was born between 07/02/1961 and 01/01/1983;
- the Candidate's birth was in a "Foreign Country" (defined as a country that was NOT a British Colony, a Protected State, a UK Mandated State, a UK Trust Territory, a British Dependent Territory or a Commonwealth Country); AND
- the candidate's Maternal Grandfather must have been born in United Kingdom.
For more solutions involving:
- British Citizenship by Double Descent,
- Crown Service,
- a parent born in a UK controlled territory,
- a British parent; OR
- or a grandparent born in the UK,
Then click on British Citizenship by Double Descent.