United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Triple Descent (Pre 1915 Foreign Country)
A rare claim to British nationality by Triple Descent (i.e. from a UK-born great grandfather) can arise where:
- the applicant was born between 1 January 1949 and 31 December 1982;
- the applicant's father was born before 1915;
- the applicant's father was born in a country that was not a British Colony or a Section 1(3) Commonwealth country in 1949;
- the paternal grandfather of the applicant's father (i.e. the applicant's great grandfather) was born in the UK;
- the applicant's parents were married before 1 January 1949; AND
- the applicant has the Right of Abode through a UK-born grandparent.