United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - One-on-One Consultations with a British nationality specialist in Nairobi
This series of one-to-one consultation has now taken place. The next round of consultations are scheduled for 2020.
Family links to Kenya can play a significant part in successful claims to British nationality. The country's former status as a British Colony (including the Kenya Protectorate) and the restrictive rules that determine how Kenyan citizenship can be gained (including the issue of dual nationality) mean that many people have a claim to (a form of) British nationality in the modern day.
Mishal Patel, who has trained under Philip Gamble (the leading expert in complex British nationality matters) and who now heads up their British nationality specialist team in London, will be visiting Kenya in January 2019. He will be available for personal one-to-one consultations in Nairobi. Mishal is a Level 1 OISC-regulated nationality specialist, and has personal experience of the complexities of British nationality in Kenya - his birth in Mombasa to a mother born in the Aden Colony meant that he had an old colonial claim to British citizenship.
These one-to-one consultations should interest anyone in the following situations:
- you have a child under the age of 18;
- you (or a parent) held (or still hold) British nationality, including the British Overseas Citizenship (BOC) or British Protected Person (BPP);
- you (or a parent) have renounced (a form of) British nationality in the past;
- you (or a parent) have a grandparent born in the UK or the Indian or Arabian sub-continents;
- you (or a child) was born "stateless" (i.e. without gaining a nationality automatically at birth); OR
- you are planning to have children in the future, and you hold (a form of) British nationality.
These consultations will be held in Nairobi on Monday 28th January through to Friday 1st February. A consultation fee of £240 applies. If you are interested in learning about your (or your family's) rights to British nationality, this is a unique opportunity to hear from one of the world's leading British nationality specialists. Learn More.