UK Partner (British or Settled Partner) Visa
Do It Yourself (DIY) Service
Our Do It Yourself (DIY) service is 100% accurate, and is based on content supplied by our Immigration partner for the UK. The Pack is easy to download, and provides for a step-by-step guide to completing a successful application. You can avoid the cost of engaging the services of an Immigration Agent and yet still get their expertise and experience!
This UK Partner Visa (often referred to as a UK Marriage Visa, a UK Spouse Visa or UK Unmarried Visa) is based on a valid relationship (married or unmarried, including Same Sex relationships and Civil Partnerships) with a person who holds settled status in the UK. Where the partner is not a Married Partner (nor a Civil Partner), this visa is often referred to as a De Facto Visa.
The three types of UK settled status are:
- British Citizen
- Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and Permanent Residency (including EU Nationals resident in the UK for longer than 5 years)
- Right of Abode
DIY Pack Notes:
This DIY Visa Pack will assist you to complete the UK Partner Visa application by yourself, without the need for an Immigration Agent.
In the DIY Pack you will have access to - in one single place - information regarding:
- the full set of criteria that qualify you (or your partner) for this visa
- all the official documents (like birth, death, marriage and passports) that must accompany an application
- examples of the evidence and proof that the Home Office requires to validate both your relationship and your financial suitability
- templates of the letters that need to accompany your application
- how to assemble the application pack
- where to lodge the application
- what to do in the event of an interview; and
- what grounds the Home Office can have in which to refuse your application
This Do It Yourself (DIY) pack has been put together by our UK Level 2 Immigration experts, and take into account all their knowledge and expertise of what is required.