Ask Philip Gamble

Ask Philip Gamble – our UK immigration and British nationality expert – whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Follow this simple process:

  • Complete our free online Assessment.
  • Register your correct name, email address and mobile phone (it’s the final step in the online assessment).
  • Double-check that all your family details are correct on your online Family Tree page (you’ll see this tab once you’ve completed the registration).
  • Order a free British Passport Review from your Results Page.

You will get a confirmation email that you have correctly ordered your free review. Philip will then provide his answer – and detailed comments – within 5 working days by email.

Good luck with your enquiries. We’re here to help.


Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth. is a subsidiary of Sable International.

Sable International offers a range of services relating to UK and Australian immigration. For over 20 years, we have been helping people with their UK and Australian visa applications. We assist with applications for Ancestry visas, spouse visas, work visas, Tier 1 visas, UK working holiday visas, UK dependant visas, Tier 4 visas, UK Visitor visas, sponsorship visas or UK permanent residency or indefinite leave to remain. We also specialise in UK visa extensions. If you’ve overstayed your visa, our Overstayer Status Trace service can assist to regularise your visa status.