Child Dependency Visa (Settlement Visa)

This Child Dependency (British Parent or Settled) Visa entitlement arises where a child (including an adopted child or stepchild) is born outside of the UK and one of the parents has settled status in the United Kingdom. For a successful application, the child must be under the age of 18.

SETTLED status is where a person holds British Nationality, Right of Abode or Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Non-SETTLED status is where a person holds UK Ancestry, Work Authorisation, a Student Visa or any other Temporary UK visa and is subject to Immigration control.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.