UK Partner (Student Partner) Visa

This UK Partner (Student Partner) Visa (often referred to as a UK Marriage Visa or UK Spouse Visa) is available to a person who is in a relationship (married or unmarried, including a Same Sex Civil Partnership) with a person who holds a valid UK Study Visa.

The requirements are:

  • a legally recognised marriage or substantiation of a relationship of more than 24 months
  • no UK residency length requirement

It is issued by a British foreign diplomatic post where the applicant has a claim to normal residence or citizenship. In other words, you cannot apply for this visa within the UK, but in your home country or where you are legally resident. The visa will be granted for the same duration as the main visa holder.