United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (51A ETJ PGGF)
This is a very rare instance of a potential entitlement to British citizenship. It relies on:
- The candidate being a woman;
- The candidate born between 1 January 1948 and 31 December 1982;
- The candidate marrying a British man before 1 January 1983;
- The candidate's father born in a foreign country where Extra Territorial Jurisdiction (or ETJ) was exercised over British Subjects; AND
- The candidate's father's Paternal Grandfather born in the UK
Where the candidate has the Right of Abode (in this case, a woman who was married to a British citizen before 1 January 1983), then their status was automatically reclassified to full British nationality.on 1 January 1983.