United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (Nyasaland Birth)
This rare claim to British nationality is based on this unique set of circumstances:
- Applicant born In Nyasaland (now Malawi);
- Applicant born before 1 January 1949;
- Neither of the applicant's parents were born in Nyasaland;
- The applcant's father was born in a Section 1(3) country (South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, India, Pakistan, Rhodesia, Ceylon, Bangladesh);
- The applcant's maternal grandfather was born in the UK.