United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (Nyasaland PGF)
This particular route to British Citizenship arises from a birth in the former British Protectorate of Nyasaland. It requires the following set of circumstances:
- Candidate was born in Nyasaland before independence on 6 July 1964;
- Candidate's father was born in a Section 1(3) Commonwealth country (including South Africa, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and India)
- Candidate's mother was born in Nyasaland;
- Candidate's paternal grandfather was born in a former British Protectorate that was not yet independent as of 5 July 1964; AND
- Candidate having the Right of Abode through a UK-born grandparent.