United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (PGF Colony)
In this particular solution - for the status of British Citizen - a candidate must have:
- been born after 31 Dec 1948 and before 1 Jan 1983;
- been born before the date of Independence of their paternal grandfather's country of birth;
- been born in an independent country;
- a father who was born in a country where the British Crown exercised Extra-Territorial Jurisdiction (or ETJ);
- a paternal grandfather born in a former British Colony; AND
- the Right of Abode through either a paternal grandmother or maternal grandfather born in the UK.
Candidates must not have been subject to the automatic loss arrangements specific to the countries involved to qualify under this provision.