United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (Registration-48b1)
This is a rare occurrence, requiring the Candidate's birth to have been both legitimate (i.e. their parents to have been married at the time) AND have their birth REGISTERED at the UK Consulate in that country. It is not necessary for the birth to have been registered at the time, merely before 01.01.1983.
In addition, a successful application requires that:
- the candidate was born between 01.01.1949 and 01.01.1983;
- the Candidate's birth was in a "Foreign Country" (defined as a country that was NOT a British Colony, a Protected State, a Mandated Territory, a Trust Territory, a British Dependent Territory or a Commonwealth Country); AND
- the candidate's Paternal Grandfather must have been born in UK.
For more solutions involving:
- British Citizenship by Double Descent,
- Crown Service,
- a parent born in a UK controlled territory,
- a British parent; OR
- or a grandparent born in the UK,
Then click on British Citizenship by Double Descent.