United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (Section 7 RoA)
A British nationality solution exists in the following set of circumstances:
- you were born between 01.01.1949 and 31.12.1982;
- your parent was registered as a Citizen of the UK & Colonies (CUKC) under Section 7 of the BNA 1948;
- your parent's father was not born in the UK;
- you were born after your parent's registration as a CUKC; AND
- you have the Right of Abode through a UK-born grandparent.
An unintended consequences of such a registration was that it meant that your parent was classified as being British Otherwise than by Descent on 1 January 1983. If this was indeed the case, then they had the ability to pass British nationality down to their children born before 1983.