Philip Gamble is our UK Nationality expert - read more
Book a 30 minute phone consultation with Philip Gamble to discuss your Nationality rights. Only £240.
Get Philip Gamble (£650) or his Nationality colleagues (£350) to do a Status Trace on your rights to British Nationality (read more).
Countries > Foreign Countries with ETJ
Foreign Countries with ETJ
As part of the extent of the control over its Empire, the British Crown exercised Extra Territorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) over several territories.
For more information on how British Nationality could be gained through birth in a foreign country (where ETJ was exercised) with a UK-born grandparent, watch this short video by Philip Gamble:
Click here for more information on how British Nationality could be gained.
At various times, the United Kingdom had the treaty rights that affected nationality with the following countries:
- Bougainville (part of Papua New Guinea)
- Buka (part of Papua New Guinea)
- Aegean Islands, Crete, Dodecanese Islands, Epirus, Macedonia, Thessaly and Western Thrace (all now part of Greece)
- Kamaran (now part of Yemen)
- Morocco French Zone, Morocco Spanish Zone, Morocco Tangier Zone (now all part of Morocco)
- Muscat and Oman (now Oman)
- New Guinea (now part of Papua New Guinea)
- North Korea
- Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- South West Africa (now Namibia)