Dependent Child Visa

This visa is for children under the age of 18, or aged 19-24 who are single with no children. You must be solely dependent on your parent for financial support and accommodation. Your parent (sponsor) must have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or be an eligible New Zealander.

The Dependent Child Visa can be applied for from inside or outside Australia. If you are applying while you are inside Australia you must also hold a valid substantive visa and be in Australia at the time the visa is granted. If you apply for this visa while you are outside Australia you must also be outside of Australia at the time the visa is granted.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.