Australia - flag Australia - Passport & Nationality - Australian Citizenship by Conferral

A Passport by Conferral is based the Australian citizenship of a parent at the time of your birth, and this citizenship is subsequently lost or given up.

The fact that a parent may have subsequently lost their Australian Citizenship for whatever reason (due, for instance, to taking on another nationality at a time that Australia did not allow Dual Nationality) is irrelevant - what is important was that your parent was Australian at the time of your birth.

A person becomes a citizen on the date they are registered as a citizen by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). A certificate of Australian citizenship is issued at the time of registration.


Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth. is a subsidiary of Sable International.

Sable International offers a range of services relating to UK and Australian immigration. For over 20 years, we have been helping people with their UK and Australian visa applications. We assist with applications for Ancestry visas, spouse visas, work visas, Tier 1 visas, UK working holiday visas, UK dependant visas, Tier 4 visas, UK Visitor visas, sponsorship visas or UK permanent residency or indefinite leave to remain. We also specialise in UK visa extensions. If you’ve overstayed your visa, our Overstayer Status Trace service can assist to regularise your visa status.