A Study visa allows the holders to live and work (in a restricted manner) in Brunei for as long as they need to complete their course in order to help support themselves and any dependents.
The following criteria must be met.
- A letter of acceptance must be provided demonstrating that an applicant has been offered a place on a full time course of study at a recognised educational institution.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate evidence of enough funds to support themselves in the country.
- It must be shown that the course fees have been paid in full.
- Private medical insurance must be arranged and documentary evidence of this must be provided.
- It must be the candidate's demonstrable intention to return to their own country at the end of their period of study.