A Student Visa in Canada allows a foreign national the opportunity to immigrate to Canada on a temporary basis in order to undertake a course of study in the country. Studying in Canada is an increasingly popular option for undergraduates across the world; Canada offers a long history of excellence in learning with a host of educational establishments. Immigration to Canada has grown significantly in recent years due in part to a comparatively liberal immigration policy coupled with the high quality of life which can be obtained in the country.
A Study visa allows the holders to live and work (in a restricted manner) in Canada for as long as they need to complete their course in order to help support themselves and any dependents.
The following criteria must be met:
- A letter of acceptance must be provided demonstrating that an applicant has been offered a place on a full time course of study at a recognised educational institution.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate evidence of enough funds to support themselves in the country.
- It must be shown that the course fees have been paid in full.
- Private medical insurance must be arranged and documentary evidence of this must be provided.
- It must be the candidate's demonstrable intention to return to their own country at the end of their period of study.