Any person who has been legally and ordinarily resident in the Cayman Islands for a period of at least eight years, other than
1. the holder of a Residency Certificate for Persons of Independent Means; or
2. the holder of a Residency Certificate for Retirees; or
3. a person who was granted permanent residence previously in circumstances analogous to (i) and (ii) above
may apply to the Caymanian Status & Permanent Residency Board for permission for himself, his spouse and his dependants, if any, to reside permanently in the Cayman Islands. Such an application may be made whilst the person continues to be legally and ordinarily resident or within ninety days of ceasing to be legally and ordinarily resident.
When an application for permanent residence is approved, the Caymanian Status & Permanent Residency Board will issue the applicant a Residency and Employment Rights Certificate which entitles him or her
1. to accept employment from any employer of his choice; and
2. to have reside with him any dependants who were listed in his permanent residence application and who were approved by the Caymanian Status & Permanent Residency Board. The Certificate may also be varied subsequently to add or remove dependants.