Cyprus - flag Cyprus - Family & Partner - Family Reunification Permit

Family reunification

Non-EU nationals who are family members of EU nationals (spouse and minor children) have the right to family reunification in Cyprus if the EU national is working or studying in Cyprus, possesses sufficient financial means and a comprehensive health insurance. The residence permit is granted for 5 years or limited to the envisaged period of residence of the EU citizen. The family members have the right to work in Cyprus.

Family members of non-EU nationals will have the right to family reunification if the sponsor:
- has resided lawfully in Cyprus for at least 2 years
- possesses sufficient financial means, health insurance coverage and adequate accommodation

The family members in this case include the spouse (as long as the marriage took place at least one year prior to submitting an application), minor children and parents if they are dependent on the sponsor. The family members have
the right to work or undertake self-employment. The residence permit is granted for one year and subject to renewal and not longer than that of the sponsor.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth. is a subsidiary of Sable International.

Sable International offers a range of services relating to UK and Australian immigration. For over 20 years, we have been helping people with their UK and Australian visa applications. We assist with applications for Ancestry visas, spouse visas, work visas, Tier 1 visas, UK working holiday visas, UK dependant visas, Tier 4 visas, UK Visitor visas, sponsorship visas or UK permanent residency or indefinite leave to remain. We also specialise in UK visa extensions. If you’ve overstayed your visa, our Overstayer Status Trace service can assist to regularise your visa status.