Residency Permit

If you're from a third state and you intend to stay longer than 90 days, and/or you intend to work, it's necessary to obtain a long-term residency permit (povolen k dlouhodobmu pobytu), which is valid for one year from the date of issue.

For the permit you'll need:

• A valid passport

• A copy of your work permit, or your study agreement if you're studying

• Proof of earnings (roughly 2,500 CZK per week)

• Proof of accommodation

• A clean Czech criminal record

• Two photographs

For proof of accommodation you'll need either a signed and notarized statement from the owner (potvrzen o ubytovn), which can be obtained from the Foreigners' Police, or you'll have to submit the original or a notarized copy of the lease.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.