Long-term Residence Permit

Long-term residence permit may be issued to an alien, who:
• has stayed in Estonia permanently on the basis of temporary residence permit for at least five years;
• holds valid residence permit;
• has registered residence in Estonia;
• has permanent legal income for subsistence in Estonia;
• is covered with health insurance;
• complies with the integration requirement, i.e. has knowledge of the Estonian language at least at B1 level established by the language act or level corresponding to that.

Permanent stay in Estonia includes temporary absence from Estonia, if such absence does not exceed six consecutive months and a total of ten months during five years prior to the date on which the alien submits an application for long-term residence permit.

An alien holding permanent residence permit shall automatically be deemed as an alien holding the long-term residence permit.

An alien, who holds long-term residence permit, does not require a work permit in order to work in Estonia.

Long-term residence permit shall not be issued to an alien who:
• has received temporary residence permit for study; for participation in seasonal work involving the processing of primary agricultural products, for employment as au pair or domestic help, for employment for vocational training purposes by way of field training or for employment as service personnel of a diplomatic representation of a foreign state by permission of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
• has submitted false information or committed fraud upon application for long-term residence permit or may endanger public order or national security;
• or does not comply with the conditions for the issue of long-term residence permit.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality:

WhatPassport.com is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.