Family Members of EU Nationals

The non-EU spouse and children under 21 of an EU citizen in France are entitled to live and work in the country but require a residence permit (Carte de Séjour). These rights extended to dependent parents too, but the requirements to demonstrate dependency are complex (seek information from the French Embassy before departure).
Application for residency must be made at the Préfecture, within two months of entry in to France. A receipt (récépissé) is issued on application and a residency permit with the right to work (CE membre de famille, toutes activités professionnelles) is sent within six months of application. The permit is valid for up to five years; it must be renewed at least two months before the expiry date. It is issued at no cost.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.