Family Reunification Permit

1- Conditions for Bringing the Family Members of an Alien into France

The applicant must maintain continuous residence in France for at least a year and hold a stay document which is valid for least a year.

Any family member(s) brought into the country (spouse or children under 18) must not constitute a threat to law and order, suffer from any illness appearing in the International Health Regulations or already be in France. Please note: under the new provisions introduced under the November 26, 2003 law n 2003-1119, the stay document of an alien who has brought a spouse or children into the country outside of the family reunification process may henceforth lead to cancellation of the stay document, following notice from the Commission des titres de sjour [stay document commission].

The applicant must submit proof of stable, adequate resources for supporting his family and ensuring that it is housed consistent with French standards for area and habitability. The housing must provide a total habitable area of 16 m for a couple or two people, with 9 m more per person, up to eight people and 5 m per additional person over eight people. Where resources are concerned, all of the couple’s resources are taken into account, with the exception of family benefits. These resources must be equal to an amount at least equal to the monthly SMIC [minimum wage]. Their level is determined by comparison with the average SMIC over a period of twelve months.

The applicant must certify that the requested family reunification will not introduce a polygamous relationship into France.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.