Permanent Residence

A permanent residence permit ( Carte de rsident, CR) allows you to live permanently in France. Permits are valid for ten years and renewable. You can apply for this permit after living in France for five years.

After five years of uninterrupted legal residence in France (or less in the event of retirement or disability), EEA/Swiss nationals may be eligible for unconditional permanent residence in France and an EC long-term residence permit (carte de séjour "communauté européene").

The long-term residence permit will be marked "CE – séjour permanent – toutes activités professionnelles" ("CE – permanent stay – all professional activities"), and will be valid for 20 years and automatically renewable. Family members of EEA/Swiss nationals who are not also EEA/Swiss nationals may apply for a long-term residence permit after 5-years of uninterrupted legal residence with the EEA/Swiss national. They will be issued a permit valid for 10 years.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.