Family Unification Permit

The Hungarian legislation is based on EU Council Directive of 86/2003. (issued on 22 September 2003). The scope of the family unifiers was established according to the above Council Directive, firstly the person must have a valid residence permit for more than 1 year and secondly he must have reasonable prospects for the future to obtain the settlement permit.

The following persons can request long term visa with reference to the aim of family unification: spouse, children. The parents, brothers/sisters of the family unifier can refer to the above aim if they can not cater themselves because of their state of health.

The aim of the entry and residence in Hungary must be proved by official birth certificate or marriage certificate.

Only the family member (and not the family unifier) can proceed as the applicant in the immigration process.

The general rule for the length of the residence permit on the ground of family unification is 3 years, which can be prolonged occasionally by another 3 years.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.