Italy - flag Italy - Passport & Nationality - Italian Citizenship (Naturalisation)

You can apply for grant of Italian citizenship in the following cases:

•If your father, mother or one of your direct ancestors at a second degree (grandparents) have been Italian citizens by right of birth and you have legally resided in Italy at least three years;
•If you are born in Italy and you have legally resided in Italy at least three years;
•If you have been employed by Italian State, even abroad, for at least five years
•If you are over 18 years old and have been adopted by an Italian citizen and you have legally resided in Italy for at least five years after the adoption;
•If you are a EU-citizen and you have legally resided in Italy at least four years;
•If you are a stateless person and you have legally resided in Italy at least five years;
•If you have resided in Italy at least ten years.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality: is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth. is a subsidiary of Sable International.

Sable International offers a range of services relating to UK and Australian immigration. For over 20 years, we have been helping people with their UK and Australian visa applications. We assist with applications for Ancestry visas, spouse visas, work visas, Tier 1 visas, UK working holiday visas, UK dependant visas, Tier 4 visas, UK Visitor visas, sponsorship visas or UK permanent residency or indefinite leave to remain. We also specialise in UK visa extensions. If you’ve overstayed your visa, our Overstayer Status Trace service can assist to regularise your visa status.