Switzerland - flag Switzerland - Family & Partner - Swiss Visa Application Exemptions

Nationals from the EU, USA, Canada, Japan and Australia do not need a visa for visits up to 90 days. If you intend to spend more than 6 months in a year in Switzerland then you need to apply for a residence permit, otherwise various types of Visa are available for those wishing to go to Switzerland.

EU/EFTA citizens still require a residence permit and a work permit. The procedure for granting these permits has, however, been significantly simplified and is exclusively the cantons’ responsibility. For more detailed information about the procedure for obtaining these permits, please contact the Immigration Office of your canton. You can also contact the Residents’ Registration Office of your new commune for information.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality:

WhatPassport.com is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.

WhatPassport.com is a subsidiary of Sable International.

Sable International offers a range of services relating to UK and Australian immigration. For over 20 years, we have been helping people with their UK and Australian visa applications. We assist with applications for Ancestry visas, spouse visas, work visas, Tier 1 visas, UK working holiday visas, UK dependant visas, Tier 4 visas, UK Visitor visas, sponsorship visas or UK permanent residency or indefinite leave to remain. We also specialise in UK visa extensions. If you’ve overstayed your visa, our Overstayer Status Trace service can assist to regularise your visa status.