United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship Application
It is possible to apply for British Citizenship if you meet the criteria for British Citizenship. If you are unsure about whether you qualify for British Citizenship, then read more about British Citizenship
Alternatively, determine whether you qualify by completing our FREE Online Assessment.
Applying for British Citizenship
The application must:
- Be completed on the correct application form;
- Be addressed to the correct authority (which is now in the UK);
- Be signed by the applicant as being correct;
- Include the application fee (if applicable);
- Be accompanied by evidence in support of the application
If your application is successful, you will be required to attend a British Citizenship Oath Ceremony. This will take place at your nearest Borough Office (if the application takes place in the UK) or High Commission (if the application takes place outside of the UK).
If any error is made with the application, then your application can be refused and you will lose your application fee.
To find out whether you or your children qualify for British Citizenship, take a couple of moments to complete our FREE Online Nationality Assessment: