United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Birth Application
It is possible to apply for British Citizenship by Birth if you or your children were born in the UK (which includes Northern Ireland). If you are unsure about whether you qualify for British Citizenship by birth in the UK, then read more about British Citizenship by Birth
Alternatively, determine whether you qualify by completing our FREE Online Assessment.
Applying for British Citizenship by Birth
The application must:
- Be completed on the correct application form;
- Be addressed to the correct authority (which is now in the UK);
- Be signed by the applicant as being correct;
- Include the application fee (if applicable);
- Be accompanied by evidence in support of the application
The successful applicant must attend a Citizenship Ceremony at their nearest British High Commission.
If any error is made with the application, then your application can be refused and you could lose your application fee.
To find out whether you or your children qualify for British Citizenship by Birth, take a couple of moments to complete our FREE Online Assessment: