United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (12(5)1948 PGF Colony)
Section 12(5) of the BNA confers Citizenship of the UK and Colonies to a mother who is married to a CUKC man before 01.01.1949 if the mother is a British Subject. It does not matter whether that man has the CUKC status by birth, descent, registration or naturalisation.
Further criteria are:
- The marriage of the parents must have taken place BEFORE 01.01.1949
- The applicant must have been born AFTER 01.01.1949
- The applicant must have had the Right of Abode as at 01.01.1983
- The paternal grandfather was born in country classified as the UK & Colonies after 01.01.1949
- The mother must have been a British Subject
This is a particularly rare instance of application of UK Nationality, and will require a Status Trace to validate the claim.