United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (Commonwealth-48d1)
British Citizenship by Double Descent is possible through the father's bloodline, but it requires the following:
- Candidate born between 01.01.1949 and 01.01.1983 in a country that was a Commonwealth country at the time of their birth
- Candidate's Paternal Grandfather must have been born in the United Kingdom.
- A further requirement is that the Candidate must NOT have gained citizenship of their country of birth at the time of their birth.
For more solutions involving:
- British Citizenship by Double Descent,
- Crown Service,
- a parent born in a UK controlled territory,
- a British parent; OR
- or a grandparent born in the UK,
Then click on British Citizenship by Double Descent.