United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (ETJ Right of Abode)
This solution applies to those:
- Born between 01/01/1949 and 01/01/1982;
- To a mother born in a foreign country where the British Government exercised jurisdiction over British Subjects at the time of her birth; AND
- Her own father (your maternal grandfather) was born in a place that remained a Colony in the post-1949 period.
In addition, the solution requires:
- no automatic loss of British nationality upon the independence of the former British Colony; AND
- the Right of Abode derived from a UK-born grandparent.
Automatic loss of British Colonial Nationality has wide applications for all territories that formerly were part of the British Empire. The independence arrangements for the territories to which your mother and maternal grandfather are connected must be taken into account when analysing your status.