United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (Protectorate from Father)
This rare set of circumstances leads to a claim to British nationality. It requires the following broad criteria:
- Candidate born in an independent country before 1983;
- Father born in British Protectorate, Protected States, Manadated or Trust Territory (or a Foreign country where ETJ was exercised);
- The father's father born in an Independent Commonwealth country classified as a 1(3) country;
- The father's paternal grandfather born in the UK or a former British Colony that remained independent after the father's own country of birth gained its independence; AND
- The Right of Abode through a UK-born grandparent.