United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (Registration S4(C)-Mother)
This opportunity to Register as a British Citizen arises from a rare set of circumstances and relies on changes in the UK Immigration based on previous gender discrimination of women.
Broadly speaking, it requires the following set of circumstances:
- The applicant can be born anywhere, but before 01.01.1983.
- The applicant's parents were married before 01.01.1949.
- The Paternal Grandfather was born in the United Kingdom or in a country that was a British Colony after 01.01.1949. However, if the Paternal Grandfather was not born in the UK (i.e. was born in a country that remained as a British Colony after 01.01.1949), then at least one of the other grandparents (on either the father's or the mother's side) MUST have been born in the UK.
For more solutions involving:
- British Citizenship by Double Descent,
- Crown Service,
- a parent born in a UK controlled territory,
- a British parent; OR
- or a grandparent born in the UK,
Then click on British Citizenship by Double Descent.