United Kingdom - flag United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (Vanuatu)

An anomaly in the British nationality law means that those who have a parent born in Vanuatu pick up Citizenship of the UK & Colonies (or CUKC) status. Where this is coupled with the Right of Abode, then such an applicant has a claim to British nationality in the modern day.

Broadly, this solution requires the following:

  • Applicant born between 1 January 1949 and 31 December 1982;
  • A parent born in Vanuatu before its independence on 30 July 1980;
  • A grandparent born in the UK.

Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality:

WhatPassport.com is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.

WhatPassport.com is a subsidiary of Sable International.

Sable International offers a range of services relating to UK and Australian immigration. For over 20 years, we have been helping people with their UK and Australian visa applications. We assist with applications for Ancestry visas, spouse visas, work visas, Tier 1 visas, UK working holiday visas, UK dependant visas, Tier 4 visas, UK Visitor visas, sponsorship visas or UK permanent residency or indefinite leave to remain. We also specialise in UK visa extensions. If you’ve overstayed your visa, our Overstayer Status Trace service can assist to regularise your visa status.