United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Double Descent (Crown Service - Cayman Islands)
A Passport by Double Descent is available under this category where:
- the applicant was born after 31.12.1982; AND
- the applicant's grandfather was born in the UK or Northern Ireland; AND
- the applicant's parent was born in the Cayman Islands;
- the applicant's UK-born grandfather was in Crown or Designated Service at the time of the relevant parent's birth in the Cayman Islands; AND
- the UK-born grandfather must have been recruited for this role from the UK.
What is Crown Service?
Crown Service is normally restricted to work for the Colonial government and UK Crown (but undertaken outside of the UK) and covers the:
- British Military
- Overseas Civil Service
- Colonial Service; and
- Diplomatic Corp
What is Designated Service?
Designated Service covers a wide range of roles within (or for) the local colonial government in the Cayman Islands.