United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Citizenship by Registration - Mother UKM Qualifier 2010
This particular situation is quite rare, and only applies to children of a parent who spent 2 or 3 years in the UK. In addition, it requires the parent in question to acquire British Citizenship AFTER the birth of the child but BEFORE the child's 18th birthday.
The requirements are:
- Child under the age of 18
- Born to a parent who was NOT British at the time of the birth but who subsequently becomes British
- This British parent spent 3 years residency in the United Kingdom (with no more than 270 days of absence during those 3 years - in other words, as long as they spent 2 and a quarter years actually resident in the UK)
- the parent of this parent (i.e the child's relevant grandparent) was born in the United Kingdom
- the parent of this parent (i.e the child's relevant grandparent) was Registered as a Citizen of the UK and Colonies in a Commonwealth country that was at the time independent of British Rule
- the parent of this parent (i.e the child's relevant grandparent) was born in a UK Colony (and remained a Citizen of the UK and Colonies after Independence) and had 5 years residency in the UK.